SPG is running a fun instant win game online, called “Tap into Luxury”. You can enter twice a day until September 30, 2014. Each spin of the wheel also gives you one entry into the grand prize drawing for 250,000 Starpoints.
Here’s the breakdown of prizes –
SPG is giving away 195 free night awards for use at any participating properties, 390 Starpoints awards, 156 iTunes $50 gift cards, and 975 $50 Ticketmaster cash codes.
If you prefer to play in person instead of online, if attending the US Open Tennis Championships in Flushing NY there will be a SPG booth on the grounds outside the Arthur Ashe Stadium where you can play.
Here’s a link to enter online.
I spun the wheel the first time and it landed on Westin St John Resort & Villas. I crossed my fingers, clicked the “see if you’ve won” button, but it was not to be.
I tried a second time and got the Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa. I’ve visited the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa and wrote about it here, so I’d love to return to the Maldives and try another property.
I was not an instant winner but there’s always tomorrow. Have you won anything?
Here are the Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) Tap Into Luxury Game, (the “Game”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom who are at least 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), United States Tennis Association Incorporated (“USTA”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and all their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. SPONSOR: The Game is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Starwood”), One Star Point, Stamford, CT 06902. Interactive Games is its administrator.
3. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. GAME PERIOD: The Tap Into Luxury Game is scheduled for play starting August 23, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and ending September 30, 2014, at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (the “Game Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Game. Entries submitted prior to or after the Game Period will be disqualified.
a. Online Game: Starts August 23, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. EDT and ends September 30, 2014, at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT.
b. On-Site Game: Starts August 23, 2014, then continues August 25 through September 8, 2014. Daily start and end times are determined by the Tournament schedule and/or the Sponsor’s on-location representation, and may be interrupted or discontinued at any time.
5. HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
I. Online Game
a. To Participate: You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Promotion Period. Nonmembers who would like to participate must enroll in the SPG program online or via the Game itself at spg.com/tapintoluxury and complete the SPG program enrollment form.
b. To Enter: Visit spg.com/tapintoluxury and enter your SPG member number and email address.
c. To Play: Follow the link and instructions to play (aka “spin”) the Tap Into Luxury Game. The Tap Into Luxury Game results will be instantly displayed. If Game Device indicates that the entrant is a winner, the entrant is the potential winner of the designated prize. Each SPG member is eligible to make two (2) spins per day during the Online Game Period.
d. Grand Prize Entry: Each unique Tap Into Luxury play/spin automatically earns one (1) entries in the random drawing for the Grand Prize.
II. On-Site Game:
a. Event Location: US Open Tennis Championships grounds outside the Arthur Ashe Stadium, Flushing, New York, USA (the “Event”). A US Open ticket is required for event admission.
b. Participation: Entrant must play while inside the SPG Booth during the On-Site Game Period to participate. Participation is not guaranteed and is subject to the Official Rules. The number of available participant slots is at the discretion of the Sponsor’s on-site representatives.
c. To Play Tap Into Luxury: Entrant interacts with the electronic tablet (the “Game Device”) to play Tap Into Luxury. If the Game Device indicates the entrant is a winner, the entrant is the potential winner of the designated prize. Each SPG member Is eligible to make one (1) spin per day during the On-Site Game Period.
d. Instant Prize Claim. To claim an instant-win prize, the participant must be an SPG member. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit spg.com/usopenjoin or call 888-625-4988 to join.
e. Grand Prize Entry: To enter for the Grand Prize random drawing, entrant must submit all the information requested on the Sponsor’s on-location Electronic Entry Form. You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program at the time of Grand Prize entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Game Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit spg.com/usopenjoin or call 888-625-4988 to join.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Game-entry process. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Game will be conducted on the Sponsor’s behalf by an independent judging organization (the “Administrator”) whose decisions as to the administration of the Game and the selection of the potential winners are final.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER(S):
a. Tap Into Luxury: The Game Period is randomly seeded with winning time tags. Each entry that occurs throughout the Game Period will be stamped with the exact date and time of day the entry took place (“Time Stamped”), and then recorded in the Sponsor’s Game Database. The Time Stamp of the entry will determine the first entry recorded after a scheduled winning tag. The registered entry that is Time Stamped first after a scheduled winning time tag will be identified as a potential winner of the prize indicated in accordance with these Official Rules. LIMIT: One (1) Tap Into Luxury Game Prize per person during the Game Period.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GAME. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME DEVICE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL AFFIRMED BY THE SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR. THE SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT EVIDENCE, INCLUDING A SCREENSHOT, OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
b. Grand Prize Drawing: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about October 8, 2014, from entries received during the Game Period. The drawing will be conducted on the Sponsor’s behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Interactive Games, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Game and the selection of the potential winner is final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via mail, email or phone within five (5) days of the drawing. If the potential winner does not respond within two (2) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all eligible entries received.
7. GRAND PRIZE CLAIM AND VERIFICATION:
The Grand Prize potential winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of notification. If the documents are not returned in a timely manner, or if the potential winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, or failed to provide accurate entry submission information, or is ineligible for any reason, the prize may be forfeited. The potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and submit to a background check, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, in order to receive prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is a resident of Canada, he or she must successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Failure to successfully answer the question as stated will cause the prize to be forfeited. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any entry does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such potential winner.
• Free Night Award: 195 Awards available for any SPG-participating Category 1â€“5 hotel or resort. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) is US$145.00. Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date.
• Starpoints® Award: 390 Awards available. 500 Starpoints: ARV US$12.50; 1,000 Starpoints: ARV US$25.00; 5,000 Starpoints: ARV US$125.00. Starpoints will be added to SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program.
• iTunes® US$50.00 Gift Card: 156 Awards available. Gift Card will be fulfilled by mail within four (4) weeks from Game Period end date. Prize only available to U.S. residents with a mailing address in the U.S.
• $50.00 Ticketmaster Cash Code: 975 Awards available. Cash Code will be fulfilled via immediate confirmation email upon winning. Prize only available to U.S. residents.
• Free Night Award: 80 Awards available for any SPG-participating Category 1â€“5 hotel or resort. ARV US$145.00. Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the On-Site Game Period end date.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded 250,000 Starpoints: ARV US$6,250.00. Starpoints will added to the SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date and upon all eligibility verifications and validations. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program.
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Approximate Cumulative Retail Value of Prizes: US$113,400.00. No exchanges or substitutions allowed. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prizes are not available for any reason, as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. All expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of Prize winners. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prizes.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Game and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
10. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Game, and by providing this information, you authorize Starwood to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business-related purposes; to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third-party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at starwoodhotels.com.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Game is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to typographical errors, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Game to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Game to address the impairment and then resume the Game in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Game, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Game, entrants and their designated guests agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, USTA, USTA National Tennis Center Incorporated, City of New York, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Game, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Game; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Game or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Game or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Game, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. GAME RESULTS: To find out the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (U.S. residents only) by October 15, 2014, to: SPG’s Tap Into Luxury Game Winner, 420 Summit Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55102.
Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of eligible entrants or winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., and not to Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
Ticketmaster, VIP Nation, TicketsNow, TM+, and TicketExchange are trademarks of Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
iTunes is a trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
©2014 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.