Lately, I’ve been writing a weekly recap on Saturday, and a “this week” roadmap post for the week ahead on Sunday. Oh well… didn’t happen this time. I’ve taken Sunday morning flights so much earlier than 8:20am on a Sunday in my time, but getting ready to leave was extra challenging this week for some reason, and that flight came earlier than I expected. In short, I struggled to get ready to leave, and get the heck out of the house this morning! My upgrade cleared at the window for the internationally configured Delta 767 I flew from Atlanta to Seattle this morning, and I was stoked. It offered a chance to sample the 767 BusinessElite® seat, albeit with domestic service and catering. Suffice it to say that this flight to Seattle seemed remarkably shorter than the Delta flight I took to Seattle in coach 2 weeks ago! But I have a couple of constructive comments for Delta based on today’s flight that you’ll see in a post later this week. In the meantime, even this wide-bodied guy thought he could sleep in the 767 seat, but I tend to sleep on my side…YMMV. More this week. In the meantime, here’s the weekly recap and a look at the week ahead.
The Weekly Recap
- What is it With Reporters and Anything Aviation Related? (A Soapbox Rant)
- New Travel Tools from ExpertFlyer
- Saving Money on Your Next Cruise
- The Amex Platinum – Still the One For Me
- The All-ETT RFID Passport Wallet Review
This Week at MJ on Travel
- Bose QC20i Review (#Awesome)
- How I Learned to Stop Caring About the Game and Start Enjoying Myself
- A Word on the Delta B767 BusinessElite® Seat
- Reason # 785,642 Why I Love American Express
These travel topics, and no doubt a few more, this week at MJ on Travel.
-MJ, July 20, 2014