Sporadic Blogging, Uninspired Topics, A Lull In Flying — What’s Up With The Unaccompanied Flyer
A few months ago, I liked to consider myself a routine and dedicated travel blogger. Take December for example, I tried my best to post as much as possible and kept the content interesting and fresh. It’s February now and if you haven’t noticed, the content I write is from the bottom of the barrel and my last post was weeks ago. So, what’s up?
Flying and blogging are two aspects of my life I’ve been lucky to have. No matter what’s going on in my life, I’ve always been able to travel and share my experiences. My life, aside from the world traveler part, has been fairly boring. In high school, I chose to fly and blog rather than go to parties or sporting events. This past summer, my entire life was dedicated to travel. I assumed when I started college, I would still want to make blogging my number one priority. Well, things have changed.
I just started my first semester of college this past January and I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I’ve enjoyed these first two months. (Wow, I can’t believe it’s already been two months.) One of my main goals was to balance blogging and college. I honestly didn’t think that my social and academic life would demand so much time. Unlike high school, I don’t actually mind the coursework and I’m eager to dive into assignments. That’s where the problem is. I’ve just been too busy being a normal college kid.
Though I’m not going to radically overhaul my scheduled and activities here on campus, I am dedicated to getting the blog back up and running. This March, I’m setting a goal to blog at least twice a week, if not more. Here are a few other notes I’ve made over the past few days:
Content: What To Expect
- More of the same but with improved writing including comprehensive research and thorough coverage of a topic.
- Some pretty old trip reports that have been sitting on my computer for the last two months.
- Unique and exclusive content (like my interview with the American Airlines’ CEO). I’m working on some ideas for interviews and analysis of topics that interest me and will likely interest readers. This will take some time.
- Aviation Management Diaries: The name is not final but this will essentially serve as a weekly reflection on some of the topics I’ve been covering as an aviation management major.
Frequency of Posts
- I’ve seen too many bloggers make promises they can’t keep. My goal is at least two posts per week during the month of March but that’s just a goal, not a promise.
- Again, I don’t really even have a second bullet point. My goal is more posts. That’s it.
I know I don’t have a dedicated base of readers but I hate to be one of those bloggers that pop up in everyone’s feed every so often without any notice. This post is here to let everyone know that I’m aware that I haven’t been very active but I’m always thinking about the blog. I’m working on getting some content going and once I get back in a rhythm, expect more fantastic posts.
- I’m currently talking to some folks in the travel blogging industry and hope to have an announcement on this topic shortly. I can’t really go into too many details here but I’m exploring some new perspectives and opportunities.
Thank you for your continued support and safe travels,
-Max Prosperi (The Unaccompanied Flyer)