Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card has upped it’s game, with up to $400 in bonus for the first year. The new offer comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 Scotia Rewards points ($300 in value) and an additional 10,000 bonus points ($100 in value) when you spend at least $40,000 annually in everyday purchases. Thats up to $400 towards travel! Add to it the no foreign exchange fee, complimentary lounge access (~$200 in value) and healthy bonus categories for earning points, it’s a card for everyone’s wallet. No matter your travel style and frequency, consider this card for the following reasons;
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite – Apply Now
- Annual Fee: $139 (first supplementary card is free)
- Welcome Bonus: 30,000 Scotia Rewards® points with $1000 spend in first three months, additional 10,000 points bonus with annual spend of $40,000 in everyday purchases
- Earning Rate:
- 2X Scotia Rewards® points on eligible grocery, dining, entertainment and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
- 1X on all other purchases.
- Other Key Benefits:
- No FX mark up – no mark-up on foreign currency purchases whether you make them online or outside of Canada. Only the exchange rate applies.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access – Complimentary Priority Pass™ membership, plus 6 free visits per year from the date of enrollment.
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage
- Redeeming Scotia Rewards® points
- Book directly through Scotia Rewards® Travel Service (full-service travel agency): 1 cent a piece, 10,000 points for $100 and so on..
- Book with ANY Travel Provider: Apply points at 1 cent a piece
- Redeem as Statement Credit: Redemption value can range from 0.6-0.8 cents per point
- Convert to SCENE Points (or vice versa)
- Redeem for gift cards, prepaid cards or other merchandise
Detailed list of benefits and perks of the card are listed here
The increase in standard welcome bonus from 25k to 30k is a pleasant surprise. $40k annual spend comes across as steep for just 10K bonus, however a combined bonus worth $400 is a very strong incentive to take on this card. If you are in the market for a true flexible travel card that helps you get to your next vacation quicker, it will be hard to look past Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card in Canada.
What do you make of the new offer, enough to convince potential card members?