A busy week, but a successful one which included my first spring storm delays. I’m not complaining though it did hurt my feelings a bit to go from # 1 with 4 empty seats open in first class to # 2 with 0 empty seats open all in the space of an hour or so as a prior flight’s mechanical delay cascaded into my weather delay. In the end, I think we landed only 40 minutes late, and I had no connection to make. I’ll call that good to go. At least I got a generous amount of legroom in the exit row – seat 23D in case you’re curious.
With that, let’s look at a few of my favorite posts from around the interweb this week.
- DeltaPoints informs us that Delta has “enhanced” it’s HOOU coupons and deleted the option of a non-perishable snack. This isn’t an issue for me, but may be of interest to some.
- Lucky on maximizing international first class travel.
- This post by Points and Travel spoke to me. The pictures are good too.
- Will Run for Miles shares photos from her visit to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Powerful.
In other news, while I didn’t post about it, I think the re-brand of the Barclays Arrival products this week is interesting. I’ve been a Barclaycard Arrival World holder from the beginning, and think it is a great product that is now even better. I may be wrong, but I think the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® may be the first widely available Chip & PIN card in the U.S., though I suppose the latest Hawaiian card beat it to the market. Of course, there’s more to life than a credit card so here’s a look at our week in review.
- First Class Monetization and the Delta Flier
- A Little Monday Morning PreCheck Venting
- Frontier Lands at Dulles
- A Word from Management – Straight From the Heart
- If Every Domestic Hilton Hotel Were Like This One I’d Stay More Often
- US Airways – I Still Like You
- A Word on Sky Club Crowding in a Post May 1 World
- A Real Enhancement for Celebrity Aqua Class Guests?
- Hotel Reviews – The Hilton Orlando
The weekend is here. Enjoy yours!
-MJ, May 17, 2014