The best thing I can say about this week is that it’s over. It was a successful week for me professionally, but some of the things said and done in the travel blogging world in the last few days have left me with…well, I don’t know what to call it other than not the best of feelings. For the record, I am not talking specifically about Lucky’s Kickstarter campaign, to which I have donated the massive sum of $10, and look forward to reading the Etihad review. Certainly, something good happened in the bloggerverse this week. Let’s take a look at a few posts I found interesting.
- Living in Georgia, and being North Carolina born & bred, I found Ric’s post, If I’m Ever Back This Way really fun to read. Don’t miss Images of Historic Charleston either.
- It is possible (and worth it) to get through a reconsideration call with Barclays. Just ask Points & Pixie Dust.
- My buddy Rene talks about things that might make Delta backpedal on SkyMiles 2015.
- Points, Miles, and Martinis informs us about Delta’s expanded upgrade with miles opportunities.
- And finally, while this was posted last week, it did not catch my eye until today. Take a look at Travelblawg’s post on Kari’s Law and enhanced 9-1-1 access from hotels.
And we’ll end with a recap of our week here at MJ on Travel.
- A Word on the Changing Face of Loyalty
- Will the New American Continue to be the World’s Supplier of Cheap Miles?
- A Chance to Win 500,000 AAdvantage Miles
- The Journey – I Will Survive in Coach (Sometimes)
- The Easiest 100K Miles I’ve Earned
- Spirit Tweaks Its Branding
- Delta Improves Award Availability?
- Royal Caribbean Orders a 4th Oasis Class Ship
- Cruise Review – Disney Fantasy (The Finale)
Enjoy your Saturday!
-MJ, May 10, 2014