This Sunday, famous film stars and filmmakers will attend the 74th Golden Globe Awards show. This year’s soiree will be hosted by comedian Jimmy Fallon and for those of us at home, we can catch it live on NBC at 5pm PT/8pm ET. Held at the Beverly Hilton for over 45 years, the Golden Globes will be broadcast in over 210 countries.
The dinner menu for the stars has been unveiled by The Beverly Hilton’s Executive Chef Alberico Nunziata, and Executive Pastry Chef Thomas Henzi. If you are hosting a party to watch the Globes and want to mimic the official menu, this is your chance to get the inside scoop. For readers who imagine stars eating moon dust and Unicorn glitter at these hoity-toity types of events, take a peek at the menu to see if it is such –
• Golden Salad, featuring herb roasted golden and red beets, watermelon radish, arugula, crumbled goat cheese, grapefruit and roasted pistachios topped with ceviche lime dressing.
• A duo of Chilean sea bass and filet mignon. The Chilean sea bass will be roasted and features a celery puree and house-made sundried tomato pesto with lemon oil, and the filet mignon will be grilled and served with a 24-month aged Parmigianino risotto topped with wild mushrooms and broccolini flowers seasoned lightly with garlic.
• Vegetarian creamy mushroom risotto served with Chef’s seasonal vegetables
• Delizia, a Neapolitan almond cake with orange mascarpone cream
• Profiteroles filled with amaretto vanilla cream and topped with crunchy sugared almonds and chocolate sauce
• Chocolate gianduja crunch bars with layers of praline gianduja and chocolate amaretto mousse on hazelnut crunch
All desserts are plated with a refreshing strawberry relish and coulis.
• Moët & Chandon Impérial minis
• Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2006
• Moet Rosé Impérial magnums
• Moët Diamond (the official cocktail of the Golden Globes) featuring champagne, cherry bitters, orange liqueur and a rock candy garnish
Every extravagant dinner includes stunning floral arrangements, and Mark’s Garden is providing flowers in hues of vibrant orange with gold leaf accents. 15,000 roses from South America are being flown in and will be delivered just a few hours to the dinner to ensure their freshness.
Not all stars get the chance to enjoy the meal this Sunday at the Golden Globes. The inside scoop is that in years past, all the food is removed by 5pm because the producers aren’t keen to have the sound of clashing silverware heard on the live show, nor do they want to catch people on TV with smears of chocolate on their mouths. If the stars get caught up in conversation with someone for too long, they may be out of luck.
I’m quite certain room service is an option for later though.