Today I received an e-mail from Citi with a targeted offer for 3x American Airlines miles on restaurants and movie / theater tickets through 3/31/2018, up to a total of 2,500 miles. The offer states that qualified purchases are “restaurants, show theaters, and movie theaters”. I was pretty bummed to see the limit of 2,500, but this is a nice way to earn some extra AA miles.
A couple of key points and clarifications:
- Earnings associated with this program will equal 2 AAdvantage bonus mile(s) per $1 spent on eligible purchases and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Note that you already receive 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 spent so this bonus adds two more.
- This offer excludes purchases made at supercenters, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges.
- All purchases must be posted during the promotional period. Miles earned will be posted to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage® account in 8-10 weeks.
To see if you are eligible for this offer, call the number on the back of your Citi AAdvantage card:
- U.S. — 1-888-766-2484
- International Collect — 605-335-2222
- Concierge and World Elite Benefits — 1-866-441-7750