1st Place: Starwood Preferred Guest 50% off Rack Rate Certificate to one lucky reader!
2nd Place: $20 Chili’s Gift Card to one lucky reader!
Yes, hotel rack rates are more expensive than the cheapest best available room rates, but the use of this certificate on suites can really save money, especially for a long stay and even more so in Europe.
As far as I know, these certificates must be used by calling the SPG reservations line (which is very helpful I’ve found), but you may find the online chat feature as a way to check rates quicker while planning for the use of the certificate.
HERE on Facebook (I think easiest)
HERE: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions of certificate:
- Valid for one use booking of 1-5 consecutive night stays at participating Starwood hotels or resorts worldwide, subject to availability.
- Certificate expires December 31, 2014.
- Not applicable towards service charges, room tax, food & beverage, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases or other incidentals and taxes.
- Certificate must be presented at check-in.
- Member receives Starpoints for paid portion of stay only.
- Not combinable with other room rate discounts or specials.
- Good for only one room during the stay.
- Not valid in Hawaii, French Polynesia or at the Sheraton Bahrain Hotel.
- Further terms, conditions, and instructions on certificate.
FIRST2BOARD TravelBlawg Giveaway PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Promotion is intended for participation by residents of the United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Do not enter this Promotion if you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Void outside the U.S., in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
1. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 10:00 am CST on July 31, 2013 and ends at 12:00am CST on August 4, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
2. Sponsor: First2Board [2487 South Gilbert Road, Suite 106-452, Gilbert, Arizona 85295] (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States and DC who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry, and who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Promotion Period.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, compensated hosts and bloggers and representatives of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective suppliers, advertising, promotion and administrative agencies (hereafter, collectively “Released Parties”) and their respective affiliated entities, as well as the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, any child, husband, wife, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same household of such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and each entrant agrees to be bound by them. Eligibility to receive a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth in these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter:
Enter via Rafflecopter – Participant must use the Rafflecopter app to enter this giveaway promotion. The use of any automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. Use of Rafflecopter, Twitter and/or Facebookis subject to their terms and conditions.
Limit one entry per person per method of entry.
No faxed, e-mailed, mailed or telephoned-in entries will be accepted. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. By entering, each entrant represents that he or she is eligible to participate in the Promotion, has obtained permission from all third parties, as required, to participate and accept any prize, and participation in this Promotion and acceptance of a prize does not violate any agreements or obligations he or she may have with his/her employer or any third party or any laws, association rules or policies applicable to that entrant.
5. Prize and Odds: Total of 2 prizes to be awarded as described herein.
One (1) grand prize to be awarded one (1) SPG Starwood Preferred Guest certificate for 50% off rack rates with all terms and conditions of said certificate applying, with an expiration date of December 31, 2014. Estimated retail value: variable. Any expenses not specifically mentioned as part of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
One (1) second prize to be awarded one (1) $20.00 gift card redeemable at any Chili’s, Romano’s Macaroni Grill, On The Border, or Maggiano’s restaurants in the United States with all terms and conditions of said gift card applying. Estimated retail value: $20.00. Any expenses not specifically mentioned as part of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Terms and conditions apply and certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible if all or any portion of the prize is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates.
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. Prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions regarding the prize drawings are final and binding in all respects. Potential winning entry is subject to verification by Sponsor. A participant is not a winner of the prize until his or her eligibility and the potential winning entry have been verified. Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees relative to any prize, and disclaims all liability for the provision, use, quality or nature of any third party product or service provided to a winner.
Potential winners will be selected on or around Sunday, August 4, 2013, and will be notified via direct message or email. Potential winners must respond to Sponsor with their name, age and contact information within five (5) days. If a potential winner does not respond as requested by Sponsor, that potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner, time permitting at the sponsor’s discretion.
No transfer, assignment or substitutions are permitted by potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of or equal or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, including without limitation, any applicable income taxes on prize and for any other expenses relating to the use of prize. Sponsor, to the extent required by law, reserves the right to notify local, state and federal taxing or regulatory authorities of the identity of the winner, the value of the prize, and any other information required by any applicable statute, regulation, or ordinance. All federal, state and local laws apply. All prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
6. Affidavit and Releases: Upon the request of Sponsor, potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) within seven (7) calendar days of the date when such documents are mailed to that potential winner, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner fails to respond to prize notification as requested by Sponsor or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner, time permitting.
7. Publicity Release: By accepting a prize, winner grants to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s permission, the right and permission at any time to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the world wide web, the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or biographical information and tweets as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, and without review, notice or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES, PRIZE ADMINISTRATOR, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, FACEBOOK, AS WELL AS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS AND EMPLOYEES OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING (INCLUDING SPONSOR) FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR FROM THEIR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION AND/OR USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED, OR FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY PRIZE. EACH ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAID PARTIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, REGARDING THE USE, VALUE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT USE OF RAFFLECOPTER, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE AND ALL OTHER ELEMENTS OF THIS PROMOTION IS AT ENTRANT’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ELEMENT OF THIS PROMOTION. THE RELEASED PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION.
9. Additional Terms and Conditions: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Entries that have been tampered with are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who they determine in their discretion, has threatened the operation of this Promotion or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Promotion if the Promotion cannot be operated as planned or should other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of this Promotion. In such event, the winner will be selected from the eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor or its designee may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) computer equipment or hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, (ii) any lost or delayed data transmission, (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information of any kind, whether caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, typographical or other errors in printing or posting of the offer or official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize, or (iv) any other error or malfunction which affects potential entrants’ abilities to submit an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, mutilated, garbled, postage-due or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
10. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, send an email to email@example.com. Requests must be received by August 15, 2013.
11. Winner’s List: For the name of the winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by August 15, 2013.