I booked the La Quinta Morgan Hill-San Jose South because I just needed a night in the San Jose area before my flight back to LA the next day. Last September, La Quinta still had their rewards program and this hotel was only 11,000 points. I had some Wyndham points and they transferred 1 to 1 at the time, so 11,000 points for a room was much better than the flat 15,000 Wyndham charged for all their properties at the time. Plus, this hotel was pretty new having only opened about 3 years ago.
Fast forward to right now, and the La Quinta Returns program doesn’t exist anymore and in the Wyndham program this hotel is in the top tier costing 30,000 points a night! This is crazy! I won’t be using Wyndham points for this property lol…
We checked in late at night around 10 PM, and so there was only one agent working. Didn’t mind the short wait, then we were off to our room! The lobby was quite nice and bright.
The room was new, and the furnishings were modern! The beds were so comfortable, and it took me by shock! It was as comfortable as 4 star hotel beds! Super impressive.
A negative would be the thin walls, which is to be expected from a hotel of this caliber and the fact that it is a newly built hotel. It annoys me how new hotels have bad soundproofing! Thankfully, the room next to me was a family that went to sleep early.
Amenities + Breakfast:
The hotel has a pool and fitness center that I unfortunately didn’t have time to visit! The free breakfast in the morning was pretty solid! Waffle maker, sausage patties and scrambled eggs are sufficient for me to start my day.
For a one night stop, the La Quinta Morgan Hill-San Jose South worked for my needs! The comfortable beds are definitely the highlight of my stay.
LONDON + ICELAND ADVENTURE:
Stay tuned to see the rest of my London + Iceland Adventure posts!
- Alaska Didn’t Add Me to The Upgrade List, How Should you Avoid It!
- Alaska A321 Review LAX-SFO
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom SFO-KEF
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom KEF-LHR
- Review: Alaska E175 First Class SJC-LAX
- Alaska Lounge @ LAX
- Air France/KLM Lounge @ SFO
- Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR
- Plaza Premium Lounge London Heathrow Terminal 2
- The Club at SJC
HOTELS + TRANSPORT:
- Hilton London Islington Executive Level
- Great Western Railway London to Bath
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Executive Level
- My First La Quinta Hotel Stay Review
TIPS + TRICKS:
- Stops to hit the Golden Circle in Iceland
- How to see the Blue Lagoon in Iceland for free!
- The Oyster Card in London is Refundable!