American Express Reserve cards are premium credits cards that come with plethora of exclusive benefits for cardholders. As part of the recent refresh, the American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card now comes a limited time increased welcome bonus of up to 3800 Air Miles. The card offers the highest welcome bonus among Air Miles credit cards and positions itself as a premium Air Miles card and a must have for all frequent travelers. Lets look into the benefits in detail;
American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card – Apply Now
- Annual Fee: $299
- Welcome Bonus: up to 3,800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles;
– Earn 1,400 Bonus Miles when you charge a total of $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first 3 months of Cardmembership.
– Earn up to 2,400 Bonus Miles – In your first 6 monthly billing periods as a new American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card Cardmember, you can earn 200 Miles for every $750 you spend in purchases in each monthly billing period (up to a maximum of 400 Miles per monthly billing period).
*Welcome bonus offers end January 20, 2020.*
- Earning Rate:
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at eligible AIR MILES Partners. Excludes purchases made at airmilesshops.ca
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at other eligible grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 1 Mile for every $15 in Card purchases everywhere else
- Key Benefits:
- Through AIR MILES FlexFly™ Redemptions, you can access additional airlines and destinations, departure times, and economy, business and first-class seats on flights not available within the AIR MILES Reward Program
- Once a year, when you redeem for a round-trip economy flight within the AIR MILES Reward Program, up to a maximum of 1,700 Miles, you can receive a Companion Flight for your companion to travel with you for the same itinerary (offer excludes service charges if applicable and taxes)
- Waived AIR MILES Flight Administration Fee
- Receive four (4) complimentary visits per year to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the globe. After your four (4) complimentary visits have been used for the year, you may continue to visit the lounges for a usage fee at the prevailing rate
- Priority Pass – Worldwide Airport Lounge Access
- Receive automatic Onyx™ status benefits in the AIR MILES program
- Comprehensive Travel and shopping Insurance coverage: Emergency Medical Insurance, Car Rental theft and damage insurance, Travel Accident insurance, Lost and Stolen Baggage insurance, Flight and Baggage Delay insurance, Hotel & Motel Burglary insurance, Purchase Protection Plan, and Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan.
- Optional Balance Transfer Offer – Enjoy a 1.99% interest rate in the first 6 months of Cardmembership if you choose to transfer your other credit card balances to this American Express card. Balance Transfer option is only available at time of online application. There is no balance transfer fee at time of application
Detailed list of benefits and perks of the card are listed here
The Reserve card leans heavy on the Exclusive perks and access for cardmembers. The American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card is the only AIR MILES Credit Card that allows paying for reward bookings using a combination of AIR MILES and cash.
The ability to book premium cabin rewards, complimentary lounge passes, a companion flight every year, and the Onyx™ status, add tremendous value against the $299 annual fee.
With my personal valuation of AIR MILES at 15 cents a mile, the welcome bonus of up to 3,800 AIR MILES is a $570 in value for members that meet the spending requirement for bonus miles. Best way to visualize what you can do with 3500 Air Miles, use the Where can I fly tool ;
American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card is definitely a card for a high spending frequent traveler that can leverage the higher earning rates and the several exclusive benefits that accompany the card.