I was flying Icelandair out of San Francisco’s International Terminal A on a Thursday afternoon, and I was happy that my terminal had a Priority Pass Lounge! You have to be flying out of International Terminal A to access the Air France/KLM Lounge at SFO lounge as it’s not connected airside to the other terminals. SFO also has 2 restaurant Priority Pass options in Terminal 3.
Inside the Air France/KLM Lounge at SFO:
As I entered the lounge I was happy to see that there wasn’t a sign stating no access to Priority Pass members.
The lounge was quite packed, but I was lucky to grab a seat at the front of the lounge. The lounge emptied up a bit after a KLM flight @ 1:15 started boarding.
As I sat near the entrance, I did hear that all the Priority Pass Passengers after me were sent to the overflow lounge: China Airlines’ Dynasty Lounge on the 2nd floor above this lounge. I thought that was really nice, and I’ve never seen/heard of an “overflow lounge” before for Priority Pass.
The Air France/KLM Lounge was a decent size, and the food offerings were better than I expected! There was spaghetti and meatballs, two types of mini sandwiches, steamed vegetables and some fruits. There was also a subpar chicken noodle soup as well as a salad bar.
The pet peeve would be the fact that the furniture and restrooms could use a little TLC. It was a bit dated inside and also kind of stuffy.
I would honestly be a bit disappointed if I was flying business class and this was my lounge. But as far as Priority Pass Lounges go, the Air France/KLM Lounge is a really good option to grab a small bite and relax before a flight.
LONDON + ICELAND ADVENTURE:
Stay tuned to see the rest of my London + Iceland Adventure posts!
- Alaska Didn’t Add Me to The Upgrade List, How Should you Avoid It!
- Alaska A321 Review LAX-SFO
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom SFO-KEF
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom KEF-LHR
- Review: Alaska E175 First Class SJC-LAX
- Alaska Lounge @ LAX
- Air France/KLM Lounge @ SFO
- Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR
- Plaza Premium Lounge London Heathrow Terminal 2
- The Club at SJC
- Hilton London Islington Executive Level
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Executive Level
- My First La Quinta Hotel Stay Review