SPG Moments offers really, really cool experiences that are very difficult to get on your own, in exchange for Starpoints.
You can do a meet-n-greet with a celebrity or a sports star, or attend a concert right from the SPG Suite and get special backstage access.
Dan of Dan’s Deals redeemed Starpoints for a SPG Moments package where he got to throw out the first pitch at a special game in the World Series, and Ed of Pizza in Motion got his wife a one-on-one tennis lesson with tennis great Andre Agassi.
Rather than simply redeeming points for a hotel stay or transferring them to another program to use as airline miles, these experience packages give you more than your money’s worth.
With SPG’s new lineup of Culinary moments, here are some of the latest experiences you can bid on –
• Meet Chef Mario Batali during a cocktail hour at Del Posto restaurant, receive a signed copy of “The Del Posto Cookbook”, then have a multi-course tasting menu with wine.
New York, New York, April 6, 2017
• Meet Chef Daniel Boulud at DANIEL restaurant and enjoy a kitchen tour, cocktails, cooking demo, cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a five course tasting menu with wine.
New York, New York, March 14, 2017
• Meet Chef Masaharu Morimoto at Morimoto restaurant, take in a cocktail reception and cooking demonstration, and enjoy an omakase tasting menu before taking a signed copy of Morimoto: The New Art of Japanese Cooking home.
New York City, New York. February 28, 2017
• Take a scone baking and jam-making class in Venice Italy at The Gritti Epicurean School, and enjoy two nights in a Giglio Prestige room at the Gritti Palace hotel with breakfast included daily.
Venice, Italy, March 13-15, 2017
• Spend the weekend at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival in Miami, Florida. Take a friend with you to take in the 16th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel festival, where you’ll nosh on lots of delectable dishes.
Miami, Florida, February 24-26, 2017
To see the complete list of culinary moments, head over to to the culinary SPG Moments auction page where you can see all the packages and what the bidding starts at for each one.
For those not into the foodie scene there are also sports, music and culture moments and there’s even a ‘coming soon’ area where you can get a preview of the upcoming auctions (it looks like some upcoming packages include adventures with Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic).
Have you ever redeemed Starpoints for a SPG Moments package?