I’ve previously written about limited time offers and how they are often marketed. American Express is running one such offer on the Amex Everyday Card. If you get approved for the card and meet the minimum spend requirement, you’ll get 15,000 Membership Rewards Points and $250 in statement credits for purchases you make on Ticketmaster.com. This offer is currently being targeted via referral links sent out to existing cardholders.
The Amex Everyday Card is a very useful card for everyday purchases. Here’s the current sign-up bonus on the card.
Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $1,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. You can also earn up to $250 in statement credits for purchases on Ticketmaster.com.
The card also offers an intro 0% APR for the 15 months of your card membership. The offer expires on 09/18/2019.
Bonus Spend Categories
- This card is an excellent option for your day to day purchases. The card carries no annual fee. In addition, it helps you earn valuable Membership Rewards points
- For a no-annual fee card, it has some really lucrative spend categories. You can also add authorized users for no extra charge
- Each time when you make more than 20 purchases per month, you’ll earn an extra 20% Membership Rewards points. So, you’ll effectively earn 1.2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent
- 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent at US Supermarkets, up to $,6000 per year. If you couple that with the 20 purchase threshold, you’ll earn 2.4 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent
- You’ll earn Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- You’ll earn valuable Membership Rewards points which you can transfer to Amex’s travel partners like Delta SkyMiles, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, British Airways, Hilton Honors and many more
The Amex Everyday card also comes with a set of Amex’s standard ancillary benefits. These benefits can prove extremely valuable. I’ve already saved a lot of money thanks to Amex’s purchase protection and extended warranty benefits.
Here’s a list of benefits:
- Roadside Assistance
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Purchase Protection
- Return Protection
- Extended Warranty
- Amex Offers
The Pundit’s Mantra
This is a fantastic offer if you’re looking to use Ticketmaster to book a ticket to the next NFL game, the next popular concert or Hamilton tickets. Ticketmaster also sells gift cards on their website. It will be interesting though to see if any of the gift card purchases get credited.