This post has been too long coming, but here we are. In truth, I never left “the road”, but the 19 months (WOW!) or so that have passed since I wrote “A Final Thought for Now” were much more of a journey than I’d could have imagined when I penned those words from the lobby of the Kimpton Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco.
Since that post, the following things have happened:
- Started a new job in Washington, DC.
- Sold house in Atlanta.
- House falls out of contract and gets pulled from market.
- New job evolved into slightly different job.
- Sold house again, this time for real.
- Spouse had trouble finding work in new location so she remained in Atlanta.
- Moved spouse into temp housing in Atlanta while I moved into temp housing in the DC area.
- Spent the better part of a year commuting back and forth.
- Took a cruise to Cuba (more on that later).
- Spouse finally got job in Washington, DC.
- Bought a house in Washington, DC steps from my office.
- Moved ourselves, our animals, and our things into new house from two temp spots and storage. The Friday after Thanksgiving 2017, all of us and all of our belongings were under one roof for the first time in 14 months. YAY!
So there you have it!! Why didn’t I blog during all that? I don’t know. In truth, I had nothing to say, and too many other things to think about. I needed a break, so I took it, but it lasted far longer than I would have hoped for.
All that said, my home office is reassembled, if not necessarily completely unpacked. And with all the relocation drama behind me, I finally have something to say again. It will continue to be less airline oriented than most, for reasons I explained previously, but I’ll tiptoe into the loyalty space from time to time. For now, I think I’ll post once a week or so, and build up from there as I get my rhythm back.
Thank you for your tolerance. Until that first blog post, please follow me on social at: