Today is Day 3 in Week 3 of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways.
For those not familiar with Daily Getaways, for the next three weeks, travel deals and packages will be available on a first-come first-served basis each weekday from April 10, 2017 through May 12, 2017. For a look at last week’s offers click here.
The Daily Getaways today are for Las Vegas packages. Here they are with purchase links, and package details –
Mandalay Bay package for $1,700 (8 packages available)
• Three (3) consecutive nights in a one-bedroom Sky View Suite at Mandalay Bay. Maximum double occupancy.
• Two (2) tickets to Michael Jackson ONE a Cirque du Soleil® show at Mandalay Bay.
• Two (2) dinners for two (2) people at a restaurant of your choice inside Mandalay Bay
• Two (2) 50-minute massages (one per guest) at Spa Mandalay.
• Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Mandalay Bay).
There are blackout dates of December 30, 2017 through January 2, 2018, and the package must be used by January 31, 2018.
Looking at random dates for the Sky View Suite on MGM’s website, it seems to be in the $300-$450 range per night though some dates are higher.
Tickets to the Michael Jackson ONE show are in the VIP section and while I don’t know exact pricing, the Cirque website indicates that prime orchestra seating is around $200 a ticket.
You get credit of up to $500 for each dinner, so with two dinners alone you’d be looking at more than half of the cost of the package before you even look at the hotel or spa costs. Then with room and show tickets alone the price if you were to purchase individually would be over $1000. Add limo transfers and spa treatments and it easily comes out to be a fantastic value well over the $1700 package price with value in the $3,000-$3,500 range. Note that in the T&C of the package it says that the winner will be responsible for the $35 resort fee per night as it is not included, and no gratuities are included in the package. That means if your dinner bills total $1000 ($500 each) you’ll pay $200 if leaving a 20% tip, plus any alcohol charges.
Bellagio package for $2,000 (7 packages available)
• Three (3) consecutive nights in a Bellagio Suite at the Bellagio (double occupancy).
• Two (2) tickets to a performance of “O™” by Cirque du Soleil®.
• One (1) dinner for two (2) at any Fine Dining restaurant at Bellagio.
• Two spa treatments, one per person (valued at $500).
• Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Bellagio).
• Invited guest check-in at the Bellagio.
The package must be booked by December 15, 2017, and used by December 30, 2017.
Luxor package for $500 (6 packages available)
• Four (4) consecutive nights in a Tower Deluxe Room at the Luxor (double occupancy).
• Two (2) VIP tickets (preferred seating) to The Blue Man Group.
• $400 Food & Beverage credit for select Luxor restaurants.
There are blackout dates of December 30 and 31, 2017, and the package must be used by January 31, 2018.
Circus Circus package for $150 (8 packages available)
• Three (3) consecutive-night stay in a standard room in the West Tower at the Circus Circus Hotel Casino in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
• One (1) breakfast buffet and one (1) dinner buffet for two (2) people during stay.
• A $75 voucher for The Steak House restaurant inside Circus Circus.
• One (1)-day passes for two (2) to the Adventuredome Theme Park.
The package must be used by December 30, 2017.
ARIA package for $1,700 (10 packages available)
• Three (3) consecutive nights in a 1-bedroom ARIA Sky Suite at the ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
• Dinner for two (2) at your choice of one of the many fine restaurants inside ARIA, including: Sage, Bardot, Julian Serrano, or Jean Georges Steakhouse.
• Spa treatments for two (2) at The Spa at ARIA.
• Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Aria Resort & Casino).
The package must be used by December 31, 2017.
All of the packages go on sale at 1pm EST today.
All of these packages offer good to exceptional value, but as there are blackout dates and expiry dates you’ll be the only one to know if these make sense for your schedule. Interestingly, all the packages except for the Mandalay Bay package include resort fees. As there are very few of these Vegas packages available today, if you want one be ready to try to snag one right when the deal goes live.