Today is Day 2 of Week 4 of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways.
For those not familiar with Daily Getaways, travel deals and packages are offered on a first-come first-served each weekday from April 4, 2016 through May 6, 2016. For a look at previous offers or to learn more about the Daily Getaways click here.
Today’s deals are for Universal Studios Hollywood tickets –
Two nights in a suite at Loews Regency New York for $1,000 (5 packages available)
Two nights in a suite at Loews San Francisco for $1,300 (2 packages available)
Two nights at a Loews Four Diamond resort for $325 (20 packages available)
Two nights at a luxury Loews hotel for $275 (16 packages available)
Two nights in an oceanfront suite at Loews Miami Beach for $1,000 (5 packages available)
Two nights in an ocean view suite at Loews Santa Monica for two nights for $950 (3 packages available)
The packages go on sale at 1pm EST today.
To purchase the deals today, click the individual links above or follow this link to the calendar for the week of April 18, 2016 and select the package you are interested in.
Stays using the packages must be between June 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.
Here’s a quick look at the different packages available –
1. 2 Nights in a Suite for $1,000: Loews Regency New York – You’ll get an emailed certificate for a 2 night stay in a Grand Executive Suite at the Loews Regency New York. The certificate includes room rate and tax.
Picking a random weekend of July 15-17, 2016, the lowest rate for the Grand Executive Suite was $645 a night which brought the 2-night total to $1480 including taxes. That rate was also nonrefundable, and the best available rate was over $750 a night.
2. Bridge to Bridge Suite at Loews San Francisco for $1,300 – Within 10 business days of purchasing the deal, you’ll get an email with a promotional code to use when booking your 2-night stay in a Bridge to Bridge Suite (which means your view spans between the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate Bridge). The certificate includes room rate and tax.
Selecting the same random weekend of July 15-17, 2016, the best available rate was $1499 a night, for a total including taxes at $3491.
This particular package is just $1,300 which is a steal especially if you choose dates that have rates as high as in the example since the savings there were $2191. That’s huge.
3. 2 Nights at a Four Diamond Loews Resort: $325 – You get to choose between the following four resorts to redeem your two consecutive night certificate in a standard room. They are –
- Loews Miami Beach Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Loews Don Cesar Resort, St. Pete Beach, FL
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado Bay, CA
Note that Loews Miami Beach will be undergoing renovations starting in Summer 2016, and if you choose this resort to redeem at the dates of your stay must be between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
4. 2 Nights at a Luxury Loews Hotel: $275 – You get to choose between the following 12 resorts to redeem your two consecutive night certificate in a Vibrant standard room. They are –
Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
Loews Boston Hotel Hotel, Boston, MA
The New Loews Chicago Hotel, Chicago, IL
Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
Loews Regency Hotel, New York, NY
Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
Note that any resort fees are not included in the certificate and you’ll be responsible for paying those.
5. Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach: 2 Nights for $1,000 – Since the Loews Miami Beach will be undergoing renovations starting this summer, the stay certificate for a Grand Ocean Front Balcony Suite can only be redeemed between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017 (probably because the construction will be finished by then). The lobby is completely being redone, as well as the pool deck, and the guest rooms are being “refreshed”. When you try to make a reservation, you even get a pop-up notice about the construction that prohibits you from completing the reservation.
Although a date in the summer might command a higher price, the rates for May of 2017 are not loaded in their system yet. Trying random alternate dates of January 13-15, 2017 instead, the Grand Ocean Front Balcony Suite came to $629 a night, with a total for two nights including tax at $1493.
6. Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica: 2 Nights for $950 – The certificate will be for 2 consecutive nights in a 1-bedroom Ocean View King Suite. The Loews Santa Monica just went through a $30 million renovation that added sleeper sofas to King Bed rooms, fire pits to some of the suites, redone bathrooms and room decor, and a new heated pool complete with underwater music.
Looking at the hotel’s website and selecting again our random dates of July 15-17, 2016, the best available rate for an Ocean View King Suite came to $840 a night for a total of $1917 for two nights, including taxes.
As a summary, all of these packages offer savings off of what you could purchase if just going by the best available rate. However, the terms and conditions for all the packages say that there are blackout dates, without specifying which dates aren’t available (with the exception of the Loews Miami Beach because of their renovations). If you have your heart set on redeeming for a specific weekend or during a holiday you might be disappointed to find that the certificate can’t be redeemed then. If your dates are somewhat flexible though, these have really good value.
My favorite package would be for the Bridge to Bridge Suite at the Loews San Francisco as the view looks to be pretty spectacular, plus the savings are quite a lot. Of course, the package is the most expensive one too. San Francisco can be an expensive city to stay in though I cannot say I’d spend the equivalent of $600 a night for a weekend for a regular visit. If celebrating a special occasion though or perhaps on a first visit to San Francisco this would be a dynamite option.