It’s simple: If you have an American Express credit card, you have access to its “Amex Sync” program which overs a variety of “free money” promotions throughout the year from all kinds of retailers.
While you can active the card promotions from you online Amex account, you should use the Amex social media link page to link EACH card you have, including each authorized user card you may have for the same account as they each will have a unique card number. This way you can link ALL your cards to the same offer and really take advantage of the promo!
LINKING – The How To
– Go to http://www.amexoffers.com/#social
– I strongly suggest using the Twitter link method, as I find that the easiest and quickest.
– Enter your name, email, and card number to link a card to your twitter account.
– Once that card is linked to your twitter account, just tweet the appropriate hashtag for that offer, or tweet multiple ones in the same tweet. You can find the offers on the Amex twitter feed here or fellow blogger Deals We Like keeps a rundown here.
– You should get a confirmation email (and reply tweet) hopefully confirming your signup for that offer with that card. (At times, you may get a message that the maximum amount of offers has been fulfilled. Better luck next time!)
– Return to link above and click “Disconnect My Card” on the bottom right, or click here, and repeat for each card.
For this example, I’m going to use the current Amex Sync promotion for Dunkin’ Donuts: Spend $5+, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 6/30/2014.
- Link your Amex card as described above.
- Tweet: #AmexDunkinDonut
- Spend and earn!
SPENDING & SHARING – The Fun Part
I was able to purchase 8 x $5 eGift Cards from Dunkin’ Donuts online (on 8 different cards) here for a total of $40. I wasn’t sure if I could use multiple eGift Card printouts on the same order, but it was no problem! I wanted to express my gratitude to the hard working men and women in blue in my hometown at the Champaign Police Department. So, with 150 Munchins in tow, I made a stop to see Sgt. Frost and deliver some treats to share.
I challenge you to make a random act of kindness to another, be it a box of donuts, paying for the order of the drive-thru car behind you, or some other way to share the love.
Have fun syncing and sharing!