Hilton has announced the adding of their 11th brand, Curio – A Collection by Hilton.
Slated to be in the initial collection are five hotels:
– SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, slated to open Labor Day weekend
– Sam Houston Hotel in Houston
– Hotel Alex Johnson in Rapid City, SD
– Franklin Hotel in Chapel Hill, NC
– a soon-to-be-named hotel in downtown Portland, OR
The brand will be focused on the luxury & lifestyle category, and Hilton is no doubt looking to pick up new customers that may appreciate an independent hotel while enjoying the benefits that the loyalty program can offer.
Hilton has put up a placeholder for the curiocollection website. According to the press release, “created for travelers who seek local discovery and authentic experiences, Curio will be a carefully selected, global collection of distinctive four to five star hotels.”
I think the new brand will be similar to Starwood’s Luxury Collection, or Marriott’s Autograph Collection, and I’m curious to see what category Hilton places these new properties in.