Just in from Delta –
Delta is offering an award sale with mileage discounts of up to 10,000 miles* roundtrip. Book by November 2, 2014, and fly between December 3, 2014, and February 18, 2015.
I haven’t tried any itineraries, but notable, but not all – inclusive terms and conditions are:
- *Saver Award Tickets will be discounted 4,000 miles round trip to select destinations within the U.S. 48 contiguous states (U.S. 48) and between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean. Saver Award Tickets will be discounted 10,000 miles round trip between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Southern South America. Standard Award Tickets will be discounted 8,000 miles round trip to select destinations within the U.S. 48 and between select destinations in the U.S. 48 and Mexico, Central America, Northern South America and the Caribbean. For more information on the Award Ticket regions, see Award Travel Charts.
- Promotional redemption amounts are not available for the following markets at any time: Caracas, Venezuela; Cancun, Mexico; and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Blackout Dates: Promotional redemption amounts are not available to any eligible markets on the following dates: December 19 through December 24, 2014, December 26, 2014 through January 5, 2015, January 16, 2015, January 19, 2015, February 13, 2015 and February 16, 2015.
- Redemption Amount Validity: Redemption amounts are valid for travel in the Economy Class (Coach) cabin on Delta/Delta Connection carrier flights only.
- Minimum Stay: Tickets to/from Brazil, Argentina, and Chile require a 7 day minimum stay.
- Maximum Stay: 30 days or through February 18, 2015, whichever is earliest.
Other than the blackout dates, these sales are offered during a time period traditionally known for slow travel. Looks like Delta is wisely using a good opportunity to get a few miles off the book. If you’re able to take advantage of this deal, go for it. Saving a few miles is never a bad thing. Notably, Delta recently offered a similar sale, but that was specifically for Delta Amex cardmembers.
-MJ, October 30, 2014