Time for a career change?
Does Wal-Mart greeter just not quite rise to the challenge you had in mind?
Here’s your chance for a new job role in which your daily activities could include welcoming nearly 1 million visitors, screening more than 67,000 cargo containers, arresting more than 1,100 individuals and seizing nearly 6 tons of illicit drugs…. per day!
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the agency responsible for securing U.S. ports of entry and international borders will accept applications for CBP officer positions at air, land and sea ports of entry on the Southwest border and other select locations.
“CBP officers play a vital role identifying and intercepting threats, while efficiently processing the lawful trade and travel that are critical to our nation’s economic growth,” said CBP Commissioner R. Gil Kerlikowske. “In addition to demonstrating dedication and motivation, CBP officers are held to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.”
CBP officer applicants undergo a rigorous screening process to ensure their eligibility and suitability for employment in a CBP law enforcement position. Applicants must be able to meet the physical demands of the job as well as successfully pass a polygraph test and background investigation. Key requirements for the CBP officer position are:
- Candidate must be referred for selection prior to their 37th birthday (waiver for qualified veterans);
- Be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the U.S. for the past three years;
- Have a current and valid state driver’s license;
- Pass an entrance examination, a medical examination and undergo physical fitness assessments; and
- Pass video-based testing and/or a structured interview, drug testing, background investigation and polygraph or lie detector test.
Nearly 30 percent of CBP employees are military veterans and the agency offers unique opportunities for veterans to continue serving their country in an environment that appreciates the hard-earned knowledge, skills and abilities gained through their service to the nation.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.