Icelandair has published great fares to Europe out of Toronto, Canada from Oct-Dec 2017. Economy fares start at $500 CAD (~$370 USD) and Business class fares from $2400 CAD (~$1800 USD). Flying on Icelandair Business Class fares has tremendous perks – up to 375% Alaska Miles!!!
Icelandair is a Alaska partner and flying Saga Class (Icelandair Business) earns 150% miles + additional 100% bonus + upto 125% bonus miles for Alaska Elite members.
For Example: A round trip from Toronto to Amsterdam, listed at $2400 (~$1750 USD) will earn 7466 Base miles + 3733 Class of Service bonus + 7466 Additional Bonus + 9333 Elite bonus (MVP 75K), for a grand total of 27,998 miles!!!
Note: Only Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Icelandair count toward Mileage Plan elite status.
Business class (Books in C class)
Following fares are available on several dates between Oct – Dec 2017, I searched using google flights.
- Toronto – Amsterdam: ~$2400 CAD (~$1750 USD)
- Toronto – Brussels: ~$2400 CAD (~$1750 USD)
- Toronto – Paris: ~$2500 CAD (~$1850 USD)
- Toronto – London (LGW): ~$2700 CAD (~$2000 USD)
- Toronto – Glasgow: ~$2700 CAD (~$2000 USD)
Economy (Books in U class)
U-class fares earn only 25% base miles with Alaska Mileage plan. Following fares are available on several dates between Oct – Dec 2017, I searched using google flights.
- Toronto – Paris: ~$503 CAD (~$370USD)
- Toronto – Amsterdam: ~$530 CAD (~$392 USD)
- Toronto – Glasgow: ~$584 CAD (~$430 USD)
- Toronto – London (LGW): ~602 CAD (~$450 USD)
- Toronto – Brussels: ~$653 CAD (~$480 USD)
Icelandair allows upto 7 night layover in Reykjavik, Iceland at no additional cost. They also run a unique Stopover Buddy Service that allows travellers to explore the country with a local, at no additional cost.