Editorial Note: The Points Pundit receives NO compensation from affiliate partnerships. You can support the blog by applying for a card through my personal referral links, at no extra cost to you.
Just like they did with Amex Gold card earlier, Amex has now ‘relaunched’ the Amex Green Card. Previously, the Amex Green Card lacked any valuable features and hardly offered a lucrative sign-up bonus. The publicly available bonus that currently shows up is for 35,000 Membership Rewards points.
Amex Green Card Sign-up Bonus
If you use the incognito mode on your browser, you can earn 45,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months. This is 10,000 points better compared to the publicly available sign-up bonus. Simply open the incognito mode in your browser and then head over to AmericanExpress.com.
Amex has upped the game when it comes to earning more points on daily spending. Following are the new categories:
- 3x points on travel including transit
- 3x points on dining worldwide
- In addition to the spend categories, you’ll get a $100 Clear credit per calendar year. Also, if you purchase access through LoungeBuddy, you’ll get another $100 credit per calendar year for the purchase of lounge access. I love the fact that these credits are per calendar year.
- You can sign-up for the card in December and double dip. Purchase lounge access before the end of this year and purchase again once 2020 kicks in.
- For a limited time, you’ll also earn a $100 credit when you purchase a suitcase, weekender bag or any other travel must-have from Away. This offer ends
Fees and Restrictions
- This card will have no foreign transaction fees. The new annual fee is now $150.
- Please note that this is a charge card and not a credit card. It won’t count against Amex 5 card limit but will add to your existing 5/24 tally
The Pundit’s Mantra
For a card that’s newly been relaunched, I love the 45,000 Membership Rewards points offer and the credits in the first year. Given that I already carry the Gold card, I’m not sure whether I’ll keep this card for a second year.
What do you think about the newly launched Amex Green Card? Are you going to sign-up for this right away? Let us know in the comments section.