American Airlines has been expanding their premium lounge offerings. They currently have 4 Flagship Lounges at Chicago (ORD), New York (JFK), Miami (MIA) and Los Angeles (LAX). I had the treat of visiting the American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK on two occasions, once on arrival from LAX and before my flight home!
WHO GETS ACCESS TO THE FLAGSHIP LOUNGE AT JFK:
Access to the Flagship Lounge at JFK is granted to:
- Passengers traveling on qualifying oneworld longhaul international first and business class flights
- Passengers traveling in first class and business class on American’s premium transcontinental routes (JFK-LAX) (That’s me!)
- American Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members traveling on qualifying oneworld international flights, regardless of cabin
- Concierge Key members traveling on any American or oneworld flight, regardless of cabin
- All oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members traveling on any oneworld flight, even if it’s domestic. (But non-American AAdvantage).
LOCATION AND DETAILS:
The American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK is open daily from 4:00AM until 1:00AM. It is located right next to the Concourse B security checkpoint and it shares an entrance with the Admirals Club.
Both of my visits were in the afternoon, around 4pm. The lounge had a good number of people on both visits, but there are plenty of seats so it didn’t feel too crowded.
I sat at the hightops for awhile, then I traded my seat for the cool lounging spinny chairs with nice views of the runway.
The food selection was good, with fried rice, chicken teriyaki, and lots of other cold options. My visits were 5 days apart and the food selection was the exact same. But, I think the Flagship Lounge at LAX has a better food selection than the JFK lounge.
They had little desserts as well as well as lots of alcohol and a craft your own cocktail area.
There’s a nice room that is darkly lit with many seats sealed off away from the main lounge. It was virtually empty when I was there but you can take a nap here if you need one.
There are 8 shower rooms at this lounge, and unlike the LAX Flagship Lounge, you can just find an empty room and use it without getting a key from an attendant. The shower room I went in was really nice and clean!
The American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK is an amazing lounge to rest at before a flight! From the good food selection to the large amount of seating, this is one of my favorite lounges! In my opinion, the JFK Flagship Lounge is prettier, larger and more comfortable while the Flagship Lounge at LAX has a better food selection.
MY NEW YORK SPRING BREAK TRIP REPORT:
Check out the rest of my New York 2018 Spring Break Trip here!
- The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at LAX is Amazing
- American A321 Transcontinental Business Class Review (LAX-JFK)
- Boutique Hotel Review: The Roger New York
- Review: Marriott Bridgewater New Jersey Concierge Level
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge New York JFK Review
- Priority Pass Restaurant Review: Bobby Van’s Grill JFK
- American A321 Transcontinental Business Class is Great (JFK-LAX)