The latest from Alaska Mileage Plan is a mystery offer of up to 50% bonus on purchased miles. The Alaska mystery bonus promotion is applicable on all transactions completed between August 20, 2018 and 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018.
ALASKA MYSTERY BONUS
Alaska bonus kicks in when buying a minimum of 10K miles. Luckily I was targeted with a 50% bonus and the bonus tiers look like this;
Buy 10,000 – 19,000 miles, get a 20% bonus
Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles, get a 35% bonus
Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles, get a 50% bonus
With a 50% bonus, this promotion can be maxed by purchasing 60K (90K with bonus) miles for ~$1774 USD at 1.97 CPM – an incredible value!! Even if you start at zero balance, with this promotion you can fly from North America to Asia in business class (60K miles, on Cathay for example) for $1182 or in First Class (70K miles) for $1292, wow!
$1774 USD is a lot of money and not everyone will be keen on shelling that amount to earn the 90K, however, its a good offer to top up accounts. Alaska miles are one of the most valuable airlines currency in the market and come with great airline partners and routing sweet spots – couple of examples;
- Cathay Pacific from North America to Asia (Cathay Pacific Business Class on 777-300ER review 2018), oneway for 30K/35K/50K/70K across all cabins
- KLM from North America to Middle East, oneway for 40K/70K across Econ and Business.
Additional Terms and Conditions of the promotion
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST August 20, 2018 and 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Disclaimer: My blog contains referral or affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you, please consider using my links for your purchase. Thank you for your continued support.