My Last Visit:
Earlier this year in April, I flew on a Thursday and at 9:30 am the sign was out saying saying it was full for Priority Pass Select holders. I have Priority Pass Select from my Hilton AMEX Aspire Card, so I get access to this lounge and get to bring 2 guests. I went back at 10:35 and the sign was gone, granting me access! This lounge is known for being very full and restricting access to Priority Pass members.
My Recent Visit to the Alaska Lounge at LAX:
On Thursday in mid-September, I arrived at the lounge at 8:30 am and I was happy to see that there was no sign stating no access to Priority Pass members!
The lounge was pretty empty, much emptier than my last visit! Probably at 1/2 occupancy. It was nice because it was easy to find a nice place to sit. Is September offseason? If so, sign me up!
The lounge is on the smaller side featuring a bar, main seating area, computer desk stations, a kids playroom as well as two telephone rooms.
In terms of food selection, there’s a soda fountain and an assortment of pastries, boiled eggs, whole fruit and the famous pancake machine!
I snatched a nice seat behind the bar at the windows which had a nice view of planes and the runway. I nibbled on a boiled egg and a raspberry pastry which was a perfect snack before boarding a flight.
Definitely still a nice place to grab a small bite before a flight. As long as the “Full House” sign isn’t out, I’m a happy camper, and will like to visit the Alaska Lounge at LAX when I’m at Terminal 6.
LONDON + ICELAND END OF SUMMER ADVENTURE:
Stay tuned to see the rest of my London + Iceland End of Summer Adventure posts here!
- Alaska Didn’t Add Me to The Upgrade List, How Should you Avoid It!
- Alaska A321 Review LAX-SFO
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom SFO-KEF
- Icelandair Boeing 767 Extra Legroom KEF-LHR
- Alaska Lounge @ LAX
- Air France/KLM Lounge @ SFO
- Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR
- Plaza Premium Lounge London Heathrow Terminal 2
HOTELS + TRANSPORT:
- Hilton London Islington Executive Level
- Great Western Railway London to Bath
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Executive Level
- My First La Quinta Hotel Stay Review
TIPS + TRICKS:
- Stops to hit the Golden Circle in Iceland
- How to see the Blue Lagoon in Iceland for free!
- The Oyster Card in London is Refundable!