Celebrity Cruises has announced some major changes to its loyalty program, Captain’s Club. The highlights of the changes are:
- The addition of two new elite levels, Elite Plus and Zenith
- New benefits depending on your elite level like discounted internet, laundry services, and drink packages
- Pretty big changes in the way you accrue points towards elite status
Captain’s Club will now include six levels of status.
I think the biggest change is in how Celebrity will now calculate the points needed to attain elite status. Previously, this was awarded based on cruise credits – one cruise = one credit with bonuses for higher tier stateroom accommodations, etc. Now, the points system will be reflective of both the level of stateroom accommodation and the number of nights spent on board according to Celebrity as below:
For those exploring the Galapagos Islands aboard Celebrity Xpedition, points earned are as follows:
Now, the new elite levels.
Elite Plus members will receive enhanced recognition including:
- Complimentary 200-minute Internet package
- Complimentary cappuccino, latte and espresso
- 10% discount on any Beverage Package
- 15% discount on any Specialty Restaurant
- Private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast
- Access to a coffeehouse style breakfast and Evening Cocktail hour
- Invitation to the Elegant Tea event
- Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice, while the ship is in port)
- Two complimentary bags of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on all Celebrity cruises
- Complimentary dry cleaning of one item
- Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Level (Elite status reciprocity which I covered here)
Please click here to read the latest terms and conditions as well as any disclaimers.
Zenith members, Celebrity’s new top tier, will receive an impressive array of benefits:
- Access to Michael’s Club Lounge, including Embarkation Day
- Complimentary 1600-minute Internet package
- Complimentary laundry
- Complimentary Beverage Package
- 25% off Specialty Dining
- Priority Seating in Theater (on formal and production show nights, seats released 10 minutes prior to curtain call)
- Priority embarkation while the ship is in port
- Upgraded bath amenities
- Complimentary lunch at Bistro on Five (when sailing consecutively)
- Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)
- Complimentary Luggage Valet service from ship to final destination airport (where available, airline fees still apply)
- Upon reaching the Zenith tier, Captain’s Club will make a charitable donation in the member’s behalf
- Upon reaching the Zenith tier, receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a Veranda stateroom only)
- At 6000 Club Points and every 3000 Club Points thereafter receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in an AquaClass®stateroom)
Click here for the latest details from Celebrity on their highest level of elite recognition.
While I tend to favor the KISS method in anything, including loyalty, I applaud Celebrity for managing to remake their program, enhance benefits for its most frequent customers, and not take anything away from existing customers at lower elite levels. Enhanced internet, and complementary beverage packages at the Zenith level are a real perk in my opinion and I really love the idea of Michael’s Club lounge access on embarkation day for Zenith level customers. If only I could cruise more! 🙂
What’s your take on the new program?
-MJ, November 26, 2013