Amex Gold Card
The American Express Gold Card is a great card for rapidly earning Membership Rewards Points. The card has a lot of valuable benefits and is currently offering a limited time Rose Gold version. The annual fee for the card is $250.
Here are some of the key benefits of the card:
- $120 dining credit ($10 each month)
- 4x Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent on dining worldwide and on US Supermarkets (Up to $25,000 per year)
- 3x Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent on flight booked directly with airlines
- 1x Membership Rewards Point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- $100 Airline fee credit per calendar year (airline selection required)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Purchase protection, extended warranty and return protection
- Amex Offers
You can transfer your points to Amex’s travel partners. Amex has a lucrative roster of points transfer partners:
Airline Transfer Partners
- Aer Lingus
- Air Canada
- Asia Miles
- British Airways
- El Al
- Flying Blue (KLM and Air France)
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
Hotel Transfer Partners
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Choice Hotels
LIMITED TIME EDITION
When this card was introduced earlier during the year, it generated a lot of buzz. Now, the limited time rose gold version is back. However, the opportunity to get the limited edition Rose Gold Card ends tonight, 07/17/2019.
You can currently get the limited edition rose gold version by referral. If you apply via refer a friend links, you can get 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $2,000 on the card in the first three months. In order to get the limited edition rose gold version of the card, you need to apply and get approved for the card tonight, 07/17/2019.
The Pundit’s Mantra
Previously, you could refer yourself and earn a referral and sign-up bonus on American Express cards. However, if you are intending to do this, I’d suggest you proceed with caution. Referring yourself is a risky proposition as Amex is cracking down on self-referrals by clawing back points.
Do you currently have the Rose Gold version? If yes, what do you think about the card’s look and design? Let us know in the comments section.
Never miss out on the best miles/points deals. Like us on Facebook to keep getting the latest content!