As people travel home to visit family and friends for Thanksgiving, I want to share 10 things I am thankful for when it comes to travel.
Things I am Thankful for
- I am thankful for the general hospitality and kindness of the people in the countries I visited. Traveling often reminds me that no matter which country we’re from, we are more alike than we are different.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to travel; it gives me one more thing to look forward to!
- I am thankful that I caught the travel bug. The world is big place to explore and discover.
- I am thankful that miles and points have made aspirational travel possible.
- I am thankful for having this travel platform to share my experiences, and getting to read thoughtful comments from readers.
- I am thankful for the various (safe) mode of travel, whether it is traveling by plane, bus, car, train, boat or other forms of transportation.
- I am thankful for good health that allows me to travel unencumbered.
- I am thankful for a job that pays the bills and offers a flexible days-off policy so I can travel when I need to.
- As much as I like traveling, I am thankful for having a home to come home to at the end of the day (or trip).
- Most of all, I am most thankful that I get to experience travel with family and friends. Time is fleeting, but the memories from some of these shared travel experiences will last a lifetime.
Count the Blessings
There is a quote, “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” I appreciate the wisdom in that quote. I am grateful that the past shaped me into who I am, the present for the ability to make the changes I want to see, and all the possibilities and promise that is tomorrow. As we head into Thanksgiving, be sure take a few moments to count the little blessings in your life. I know I will.
And on that note, I wish you and yours a safe and a Happy Thanksgiving.