Each Sunday, I’ll give you a rundown of the five most popular stories for the past week on Travel Update.
Not surprisingly, last week’s No. 1 most-read story had to do with the issue of reclining seats in increasingly crowded aircraft. The week before, the No. 1 most-read story was about American Express and its rollout of Centurion airport lounges.
- Pushback on $22 Knee Defender gadget after fight erupts
- American Airlines to stretch unaccompanied minor fee to age 14
- U.S. airlines mishandled bag rate rises in 2014 vs. 2013
- Spirit Airlines CEO: ‘Our seats don’t recline’
- ‘Too early to see’ lower fares, American Airlines CEO says
What to expect: Some of the stories Travel Update will bring you in the days will be based on my interviews with top executives from both Marriott and Hilton. I’ll also be rolling out a guest blogger in the coming days from another company to address a topic I know you will be interested in! (No, I’m not giving hints.)
TWITTER: Follow Barb on Twitter