Another week done, and just 1 week left in my travel stand down. Off the road or not, there is always something going on worth writing about. One of the most interesting things that happened this week was what I termed the “Delta Mixed Award Kerfuffle.” Interesting, not because of the stir caused, but more by one tiny little thing a Delta spokesperson said.
“…..as part of changes to the 2015 SkyMiles program, we aligned with the revenue shopping rules…..”
Which leads me to recommend that if you read one blog post this weekend (in addition to mine, of course 😉 ), read this one from Tiffany at One Mile at a Time. Perhaps the best piece on Delta and the direction SkyMiles is headed in recent memory. Don’t assume that you’re immune to what is going on at SkyMiles just because you’re hoarding AAdvantage miles now. More on that later.
In the meantime, here’s a look at the last week’s posts here at MJ on Travel.
- Two Nights at Hyatt Caught My Eye
- Delta and Amex Must Really Want to Sell Some Credit Cards
- No More Carry On Bottled Beverages at Carnival
- The Delta Mixed Award Kerfuffle – Something Caught My Eye
- Delta Completes Major Upgrades at LAX
- Jets Are Carrots Too
- International Traffic Down at CLT – Not Surprisingly
- Friday Night – Something I’d Miss About Not Flying a “Legacy” Airline
- The Fascination With Airline Catering
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
-MJ, June 13, 2015