Cheap flights to India from US and Canada that I reported a couple of weeks ago, still seem to be around. Several airlines from US cities, especially China Southern flights are pricing around ~$526 to India. British Airways fares from Montreal are worth a look as well, starting $828 CAD. Most of these fares are available from late August to early December travel window.
These are deep discounted economy fares booking into lower fare buckets which fetch 25% flown miles. Example: British Airways booked into O class which earns 25% Avios/Alaska/American miles.
Search using Google Flights and book directly with the airline.
Cheap flights to India, from US:
- Los Angeles – New Delhi (China Southern): $526 USD
- San Francisco – New Delhi (China Southern): $531 USD
- New York – Mumbai (Air China): $595 USD
- New York – New Delhi (China Southern): $601 USD
- New York – Chennai/Bengaluru (Kuwait Airways): ~$685 USD
- Chicago – Mumbai (United): $620 USD
- Chicago – New Delhi (Qatar Airways): $696 USD
Cheap flights to India, from Canada:
- Montreal – Bengaluru (British Airways): $829 CAD
- Montreal – New Delhi (British Airways): $827 CAD
- Montreal – Mumbai (British Airways): $829 CAD