In case you missed them from last month. Thank you for reading travelblawg!
The Best of Travelblawg Posts – January, 2015
- Settlement Reached After College Student Detained Over Arabic Flashcards – College student detained for passing through a TSA checkpoint at PHL with English-Arabic language flashcards settles his case. More training for airport police, but not TSA employees?
- FAA Warns Of Fire Risk From E-Cigarettes In Checked Bags – Two recent baggage fires caused by e-cigarette batteries leads the FAA to issue a warning to U.S. carriers to have customers only carry-on such products. Airline rules change to come soon?
- DFW Airport Anti-Gay Attacker’s Case Closed With $474 Fine – Remember that homophobic, alcohol-driven fight at DFW that went viral on YouTube? The case is closed with a disposition of only posted bond money of $474 surrendered for punching, kicking and using fighting words against the victim.
- COURT: Air Marshal Did Not Violate Law By Leaking TSA Information – Former FAM Robert J. MacLean landed a victory for himself and the public when the U.S. Supreme Court said he should have been protected under federal law and not fired for leaking information about TSA plans to reduce Marshals on flights during a time of high threats (Summer 2003).
- Denver Airport’s Ban On Marijuana Themed Merchandise: Constitutional? – Is a ban on selling and wearing (!?) marijuana-theme merchandise constitutional? (Hint: probably not)
- My 35 Top Travel Apps – What’d I forget?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.